TL;DR How much does a website cost? Under our watch, less than $2k – read on or skip to the bit where we talk about getting a $2k for a website in Sydney
In all our time as a web design team, this is probably the most-asked question – How much does a website cost?
The variations aren’t that unique: “How much is a WordPress website” and “How much for website design” etc etc. And the boring answer is “it depends”.
We’ve not enjoyed having to say that to potential customers, and we know they really want to hear a price, in budget, for a site that looks good, and they don’t have to worry about. We longed to provide an alternative, but until now, every client has different needs and we’ve focused on providing custom solutions.
In our experience, building websites is a journey for my customers. They learn and refine and clarify their content and messaging along the way, and often their vision for their sites change as they properly reveal the priorities of their clients and visitors.
We don’t want to offend anyone by suggesting that there is a ‘one size fits all’ approach. But we also understand that most soloist’s, consultants and micro business’s websites considerations revolve around these questions:
- Will it sell, market, grow & support awareness of my products, service or organisation?
- Will it meet the expectations of my clients/customers/visitors and represent the kind of content and professionalism they are hoping to find?
- Will it save us time and money by taking
- Will it be work well and be easy to update?
- Will it help achieve my marketing or growth targets?
- Will it be found in Google?
- Will it be ready for our next marketing or awareness campaign?
- Will it be affordable for our budget now?
And the biggest sources of anxiety seem to be around
- Deciding on the right vendor
- Deciding on if you want to DIY or pay someone
- Will you be able to own it and update/change it?
- What happens if something goes wrong?
- What software should it be built on
- Will I get what I pay for?
When you’re in a position where you do have limited budget, which is fair when you’re small or just getting started, or you’re updating from a free site builder to your first paid solution, there is so much concern when you simply ‘don’t know what you don’t know’.
We’re not gonna lie. The cost of a site that answers all the needs of a business can still range from $0 (hello WordPress.com) to the millions (think enterprise and government projects).
But Live By 5 have a solution that may suit some of you.
We’ve spent years making custom websites for all sorts of clients. As a result of that, we’ve decided to switch it up a little and create a product, bundled with a service, that is designed for micro business, freelancers, consultants and bloggers.
So to answer the original question ‘how much does a website cost in Sydney?’, if our service meets your needs, just under $2k!
We offer you professional website within a reasonable budget and time frame. See our example sites here. We work together to build new websites for soloists and micro businesses who don’t have the time or skill set to completely DIY, but don’t have the budget to afford an agency to develop it for them.
If you’re willing to do your prep and learn on the day, then we think you’re going to love the Live By 5 website in a day experience.
This means we take care of the hard stuff, the research, the tech and guide you through the decision making process, providing you with a streamlined pathway to a website you love in a fraction of the time it would take if you commissioned a developer or DIY’ed it from scratch.