WordPress training customised for your website or blog
There are thousands of awesome resources available to help you learn WordPress, but if you are time-poor (like most of us!), you might not have the luxury of spending hours trawling the net for tutorials specific to your site or theme.
We love helping our clients hit the ground running with their new sites, but even if we didn't build your site, Live By 5 can help train you to leverage the most out of your WordPress install. We offer personalised one-on-one WordPress training that can be performed in our Sydney office, your office* or Online via Skype/Zoom.
* For personal safety reasons, training at your home/personal residence is not available. An online option is offered and we are happy to allow you to make a trial call to see if this service is suitable to your needs.
Training is tailored to your needs, including things like:
- Installing WordPress and a new theme
- Making your site look like the theme demo
- Familiarisation of the WordPress interface (dashboard)
- Customisation using your theme options
- Working with and adding widgets to the sidebar and footer
- How to create, edit and delete pages and blog posts
- Menus and navigation
- Using categories and tags effectively
- How to search for and install plugins
- WordPress backups and essential maintenance tasks
- Working with images and media files such as audio and video
- WordPress best practices
- On-site (on-page) SEO and installing and using SEO plugins
One-on-one WordPress training sessions are invaluable if your time is limited and you are feeling overwhelmed.
Our WordPress training rate is $150/hour + GST (min 2 hour session) and includes the installation of WordPress training videos right on your dashboard, along with a bunch of our most valuable go-to resources to ensure you don't tear any hair out after we're done.
A travel time fee applies of $80 + GST /hour if you want us to come to your office. This is will be calculated before the day so there are no surprises.
If you aren't in Sydney, that's cool too. We can train you via Skype/Zoom - screen-share that bridges the distance gap nicely. We're happy to run a quick test call with you to ensure the tech is sorted before we start.
So if you are looking for one-on-one WordPress training Sydney, or anywhere really, please get in touch or to get started, book a timeslot below
WordPress Training Sydney Terms and Conditions
- Training is provided at $150/hour + GST (min 2 hour session)
- Travel fee applies if coming to you – $80/hour + GST – estimate of travel time will be given at time of booking
- Payment required before session begins – an invoice will be issued at time of booking.
- Minimum training session is 2 hours
- Maximum of 2 attendees per session
- Cancellations must give 24 hours notice or a cancellation fee will be charged ($150 + GST) and additional amount refunded
- If training on site, at least one attendee must have a computer with reliable internet connection
- Sessions cancelled within 4 hours of start time will not be refunded (a re-schedule may be allowed at the discretion of Live By 5)
- Live By 5 team will ask for login details to your WordPress site before your session and has the right to refund a booking if it is deemed our training is not suitable for your site
- Training available for self-hosted WordPress websites only. WordPress.com assistance is not available.
- Live By 5, Phase Creative and Catherine Hughes are NOT a registered training organisation and all training is offered tailored to your needs and of a general nature based on known facts and experience with the software.
- Live By 5, Catherine Hughes and Phase Creative are NOT associated with https://automattic.com/ (the company that makes WordPress) in any way
- For personal safety reasons, training at your home/personal residence is not available. An online option is offered and we are happy to allow you to make a trial call to see if this service is suitable to your needs.